GG&G MAD AR-15 Back Up Iron Sight BUIS Ranging Aperture
GG&G MAD Back Up Iron Sight BUIS Ranging Aperture
The GG&G MAD AR-15 BUIS with ranging aperture was orginally manufactured for shooters using 55 or 62 grain ammunition with a 16" barrel will find it very accurate. Features include Range indicating window and spring assisted locking detent.
- The GG&G MAD Ranging BUIS is easily installed.
- Solid squeeze rail attachment mechanism with solid crossbolt.
- The Ranging Multiple Aperture Device can be used as a co-witness iron sight with most red dot sighting systems, as a stand-alone sight or in conjunction with GG&G interface rails.
- The Sight is compatible with all GG&G flip up front sights.
- The MAD Ranging BUIS presents an extremely low profile when in the down position, allowing clearance for almost all optics.
- The sight stem locks in the up position with a positive mechanical detent system. When in the up position, the sight cannot be folded down without depressing the spring assisted detent release button located on the left side of the sight base, eliminating the possibility of accidentally lowering the sight.
- The Ranging Apertures are preset to the ranges indicated below using ballistic calculations for 55 grain through 62 grain ammunition when used in the AR-15/M16 16" rifle/carbine length weapon.
- The unique rotating multiple aperture disc has five apertures preset to specific distances, specifically, 0=25 & 200 yards, 3=300 yards, 4=400 yards, 5=500 yards, and 6=600 yards.
- The 25 and 200 yd apertures are .158" diameter, all others are .069" diameter.
- A range indicating window facing the shooter, provides a numerical cue for the shooter.
- The aperture disc is knurled for easier manipulation in combat environments.
- The Ranging MAD overhangs the rear of the receiver by 0.200-inch providing a lip, allowing the sight to be easily deployed even with a gloved hand.
- A tactile windage knob is used, with one click of the windage knob providing approximately 0.48 MOA change when mounted on the M16A2E4 rifle and about 0.65 MOA when mounted on the M4 carbine.
- The initial zero is set by adjusting the weapons front sight post.
- All hard edges have been deburred and softened for the shooters safety.
- Material: The mount body is CNC manufactured from billet 6061-T6 aluminum alloy.
- Finish: All aluminum parts are Type III hard coat anodized in a non-reflective black mil-spec finish to provide combat durability.
- Finish: All steel components are black manganese phosphated per mil-spec.
- Weight: 2.15 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.